gotland_npc: (Gotland children)
gotland_npc ([personal profile] gotland_npc) wrote2012-02-27 11:50 pm

OOM: Carlotta in Gotland, part 2

Athalwin burst through the door to the long-house, all alone even though he set out with William, horses, and cats.

"There was a door on the barrow-hill!!" he shouts. "William went inside, and took the horses and Myrrh and Horus! And he said it means the place is still there, and the king is still there, and Adalgoth ---"

Pause.

"--- may stop worrying now!"

Pause.

"And he said he'll be back to visit us. I'll miss him! And I'm sure Rauthgundis will be bawling now, when she hears!"

Everybody that was within the house, is staring at the child now.
fiery_ring: (looking up)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-02-27 10:57 pm (UTC)(link)
Carlotta almost drops the iron she was using on the tiny frock Molly has been borrowing. Fortunately Molly herself is strapped to her front, so is safe from dropping.

"Is it still there?"
fiery_ring: (looking down)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-02-27 11:41 pm (UTC)(link)
"If I may be excused please, I need to see if it's still there..." Carlotta says, putting the iron down safely and hurrying out.

She runs up the hill, holding Molly's head carefully...

But the portal doesn't seem to be there. And although she's relieved that things are better at the bar and that Teja is alive, part of her sinks again when she realises they're still trapped.
fiery_ring: (looking down)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-02-27 11:56 pm (UTC)(link)
Carlotta sighs, and kisses Molly on the head.

"Don't worry, we'll find them one day." she says gently.
fiery_ring: (looking up)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-02-28 08:40 pm (UTC)(link)
Carlotta nods.

"You have been awfully kind to us." she says. "But I worry for our future. Even if we get back, how will I explain it in my world if she has grown much?"
fiery_ring: (looking up)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-02-28 09:18 pm (UTC)(link)
"The women I live with might. And the ones in my circus who have babies a little older."
fiery_ring: (Default)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-02-28 10:32 pm (UTC)(link)
"She smiled today." Carlotta says. "I think. Or she might have been passing wind."
fiery_ring: (undercover down)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-02-28 11:01 pm (UTC)(link)
"They're such bonny little babies."
fiery_ring: (Default)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-02-29 12:00 am (UTC)(link)
"There are many here to keep an eye on them. Like in the circus."
fiery_ring: (looking up)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-02-29 09:26 pm (UTC)(link)
"You're a good Dad." Carlotta says.

"I never saw my father when I was little. My biological father, I mean. After he found me, he was still so often away at work that boarding school was the only sensible option.

I loved St Clare's, for all I had trouble settling in at first. But I don't feel that I know Father well. His Highness has been more... there for me, as a Dad.

I want Molly to know her Dad. But the war made all our plans dreadfully messy."
fiery_ring: (Default)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-03-01 01:21 am (UTC)(link)
"Thank you." Carlotta says quietly.

"Is there a war on here, now?"
fiery_ring: (looking up)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-03-01 10:35 pm (UTC)(link)
"All the young men were sent to war in my world." Carlotta says. "And the enemy comes to drop explosions on civilians."
fiery_ring: (looking up)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-03-01 11:00 pm (UTC)(link)
"That's why I ended up here rather than at home. I was running for shelter." Carlotta says.
fiery_ring: (looking down)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-03-01 11:33 pm (UTC)(link)
Carlotta nods.

"I don't know how we'll get out the door. We'd have to step right into the blast from the explosion."
fiery_ring: (looking up)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-03-01 11:36 pm (UTC)(link)
"We could stand out the way, but the blast will go through the bar."
fiery_ring: (looking up)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-03-02 09:40 pm (UTC)(link)
"I will have to try." Carlotta says. "I just don't want to get Molly or anyone else killed."
fiery_ring: (undercover down)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-03-02 09:53 pm (UTC)(link)
"Thank you sir." Carlotta says quietly.
fiery_ring: (undercover down)

[personal profile] fiery_ring 2012-03-02 09:58 pm (UTC)(link)
Carlotta nods, and follows him back.